Engineered Hardwood is one of the most popular product we sell to customers in Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto and the rest of the GTA. The Engineered wood to known to be tough and at the same time elegant and great looking. Engineered hardwood floor is made up of layers and is more stable than Solid hardwood. Generally, these wood floors can be laid over an underlay without attachment to the sub-floor. They have a top layer veneer of solid hardwood pressure glued to plywood base layer. The top layer can sometimes be refinished or sanded down when necessary and gives the appearance and feel of real solid wood floors. The Engineered wood is made for installation in areas with variable humidity levels and is used by lot of new and old home users in the GTA and is the perfect floor covering for condominiums, basements, and commercial uses. At #1 Hardwood Flooring, you will find a great collection of Authentic Engineered Flooring at lowest price. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brand Engineered Flooring products.
We offer incredible discounts on overstock Engineered hardwood floors. Get the lowest price and highest qualify Engineered Wood Floors including in Red Oak, White Oak and Walnut.
Why choose engineered flooring for your home?
Owning a home is not an easy task and to turn it into an authentic place to live in it day-in and day-out with all the desired amenities needs patience in abundance. Flooring is one such aspect that needs a thorough inspection and a great choice. Therefore, it becomes inevitable to know a great deal of information about the same. In this article, I will bring on to the table about the Engineered Flooring – basically the What and the Why.
What is Engineered Flooring?
You may have come across this style of flooring and wondering what could it be? Engineered Flooring is engineered wood flooring, those who look for the classic appearance and the feel often opt for this kind of flooring. This flooring consists of several layers – the outermost layer is a hardwood veneer, a thin slice of wood (your choice of species). The inner layers are made of plywood, high-density fireboard or hardwood. The veneer surface adds beauty to the flooring while the core layers make the product reliable and strong.
Why choose Engineered Flooring?
Engineered wood can offer a wide range of style options for your home. The different species in the market are hickory, oak, maple are a few to name. The finishing done to the flooring is matte, semi-gloss, and high-gloss. To make it look eye-catchy and vibrant, the flooring comes several styles of surface effects like hand scraped, distressed (rustic look) or wire-brushed. The styles depend on your choice from classic to contemporary. Here, we will see the advantages of Engineered Flooring
- Firstly, this kind of flooring reduces the moisture problems that typically come with conventional hardwood.
- The multiple layers block moisture and provide additional stability to the floor.
- Engineered flooring will not swell or warp and needs very low maintenance.
- This flooring is also environment-friendly considered to other traditional hardwood flooring.
- Veneer is neatly sliced instead of cutting with a saw, this process does not produce any saw dust unlike the traditional sawing. Any tree wood can be used to make veneer as the technique of cutting is different here.
- The wood used in hardwood flooring is a produce from the trees which take a longer time to grow unlike those used in engineered wood.
- Engineered wood can be sand-papered and refinished several times throughout the life of the floor. Its layered construction guarantees the longevity and stability against the environmental changes.
- The superior brand ensures even scratch protection.
- The thickness that comes with this flooring is slightly thinner than the solid hardwood flooring. Thicker layers come with premium brands. However, the thin layers usually accommodate if you need a thinner layer considering the height of the existing space.
- You must probably be wondering what could be the underfoot sound. This would sound hollower than a solid underfoot. This can be fixed by stapling down the planks instead of floating them. So, before the installation of the flooring, you must clearly specify the details to the contract person who deals with the installation.
- Engineered wood is less expensive than solid hardwood, the premium collections have their own pricing and benefits attached.
Do a thorough inspection of the already finished products in the catalog to choose the best one that suits your tastes and preferences. It is recommended to view the 3-D pictures than the 2 D designs that are created. Many catalogs also project the pictures of finished projects real-time, consider those as that gives you a real good idea and adds to imagination that can make your selection quicker. Multiple choices create confusion, therefore shortlist those by considering the above points.
Happy Homes, positive vibes, happy living!